22lr can be leathal at 450 yr

I'm picking up a Savage .22LR bolt on friday. I am a big fan of .22...Always have been, always will be. It is not the ideal self defense round, but it is better than nothing and will do a lot of things, other than self defense, fairly well. Plus they are a lot of fun to shoot and make for good practice tools.

The vast majority of the time, you die from a gun shot by bleeding to death. If you sever the brain stem or the spinal cord between the brain stem and the heart, you die from heart failure.

Every other scenario is bleeding to death.

SO, bleeding to death is what makes bullets lethal. A bigger bullet makes a bigger hole and does more damage to the tissue and has more opportunity to cause bleeding.

Any shot to the neck, or inside the thigh that puts a hole in a major artery, you bleed out in minutes.

So its all about where you are shot.

95% percent of gun shot wounds are non-lethal, the victim got to the hospital before they died, and survived. And since the majority of gunshot wounds are 22lr the evidence supports that 22lr is non-lethal the majority of the time.

The dumbasses on the video ignore all of the science and biology behind gun shot deaths.

I would argue that 22lr is NON-LETHAL the majority of the time.

What they are showing in this video is if the bullet has enough energy to pierce the body, and while interesting, doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the bullet is lethal.

stabbing somebody with a pencil or pen can be lethal, too.
That doesn't make it a good choice for a self-defense weapon.
What's the bullet drop of a .22 LR at 400 yards? About 10 feet? Do you really want to aim two body lengths' above your adversary's head and start lobbing 40 grain pills in his direction?

Back
Top Bottom