22lr milsurp rifle suggestion

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
i noticed my collection is sadly missing a 22lr rifle form ww2 or prior military surplus that can take a bayonet. i have seen trainer 22s(ones is listed now) but they seem to never have bayonets with them

any suggestions, perhaps they made a mosin variant

but can a wz-48 accept a bayonet? i have not seen one with a bayonet before

Hey man, it doesnt but there are few things cooler than a mosin .22 in my opinion. Lol
Seems that all countries (including US) removed the bayo lugs when converting rifles to .22 trainers.
Only ones i know of are enfields...model 1917 kept their lug but they used the jap arasaka bayonet, and the model 1955 kept their lug and could use the standard bayonet. There may be others (smle?) but thats the only two that ive seen

Edit: mitchell's mausers and other companies used to sell an aftermarket .22 conversion kit for enfields and other milsurps (junk) but i assume youre only wanting military issue for your collection)

Last edited:
i guess i'll be on the lookout for a wz-48 for now (maybe i might get lucky and fond one fair priced)

the 1917 trainer 22lr sounds kinda rare

i guess i'll be on the lookout for a wz-48 for now (maybe i might get lucky and fond one fair priced)

the 1917 trainer 22lr sounds kinda rare

The wz48s are on gb all the time but not cheap. The enfields are there too but i think most of them are aftermarket conversions

WZ-48. Is modeled after the m-38 mosin. Sweet..........

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom