$249 590 shockwave

not true,they cant tow you over a search. the search is must yield something to warrant the tow.
they can hold you in the car, but thats it.

It's not as likely to happen now that they're more commonly stocked and sold at places like Academy. But I would certainly keep a copy of the ATF letter very close to it just as you mentioned. I agree that you shouldn't have to submit to some random roadside search of your vehicle. Even though most of us have nothing to hide it's a personal privacy issue. However... just in case you didn't already know...it would go something like this.
Cop wants your consent to search vehicle. You refuse. Okay fine cop puts YOU in the back of his patrol car while he calls his superiors. Then the tow truck shows up and tows your vehicle to the impound where it gets searched and inventoried anyway. Meanwhile officer Dickhead is coming up with citation offenses he can write up. And when it's all said and done you get to either waste a day(s) in traffic/state court beating the tickets or paying them. Plus you're out whatever the towing and storage fees are. Oh and you were in the RIGHT the entire time. But does that make it any better?
Would a cop really impound a vehicle for a property search warrant? I know they can do a free air sniff with a dog but impounding your vehicle for exercising your 4th amendment right seems unreasonable.

look at my avatar..
thats me on one of my old stunt bikes...we started on the street before moving to shows. my last street wheelie was about 2 1/2 miles long from mailer road to the hwy 20 overpass on 1941.
it was a speed limit wheelie and short compared to what we would do on the interstate. we spent a lot of time with cops on the side of the road. one of my daily drivers was a 500+ horse power vega, it ran 10.1 at 138 in the quarter,i spent a lot of time with the cops. another was a 85 nissan 720 with a 350,mild in comparison at about 325 hp. it was a burnout monster,lots of tires and lots of time with the cops..
cops are not all powerful,and at anytime you can make them bring out a Sargent or sheriff.
they cant search your car or tow your car without reason. if they want to and you demand a superior officer, they must wait for him to show up..
also,and this may get you shot. but if they are wrong,you CAN defend yourself if you feel threatened.
cops dont own you,make laws,know all, or control all. respect the uniform,but judge the man inside..
i am out because this is circular, you can do as you please. but cops dont enforce atf rules,and the atf does not know any of their rules.
do as you please,if you must police yourself because you fear what could happen,thats you.
at the end of the day,its a heck of a deal on a cool shotgun that is perfect for home defense..

Would a cop really impound a vehicle for a property search warrant? I know they can do a free air sniff with a dog but impounding your vehicle for exercising your 4th amendment right seems unreasonable.
That's the trick to the search most people don't know about. YOU have every right to refuse the search and I believe even the dope dog walk around. But when you do it gives them the green light to impound your vehicle where it will definitely be searched anyway.
It's kind like the DUI laws work or used to work. You don't have to consent to the breathalyzer test. But if you refuse it then it used to be an automatic 1 year suspension of your license. And if they choose to really be dicks about it they can and will take you down to the ER to draw blood. Considering how much and how long a DUI costs it used to be worth it to just refuse and take the year suspension. But believe me it's not just the second amendment being trampled on a daily basis.

That's the trick to the search most people don't know about. YOU have every right to refuse the search and I believe even the dope dog walk around. But when you do it gives them the green light to impound your vehicle where it will definitely be searched anyway.
It's kind like the DUI laws work or used to work. You don't have to consent to the breathalyzer test. But if you refuse it then it used to be an automatic 1 year suspension of your license. And if they choose to really be dicks about it they can and will take you down to the ER to draw blood. Considering how much and how long a DUI costs it used to be worth it to just refuse and take the year suspension. But believe me it's not just the second amendment being trampled on a daily basis.
LEO can technically impound a vehicle for a search warrant but the officer better have a good reason for doing so otherwise any self respecting supervisor would look very bad allowing that to happen with no good suspicion. If you are talking about LEO overreach, a better example would be an officer claiming they smell the odor of marijuana or alcohol coming from the car, wherein no odor exists and they are lying, I've personally seen that before. That gives them probable cause to search the immediate areas around the vehicle where the odor exists, usually around where the driver can reach. In that case there is no need for consent or a drug dog, if the officer simply claims that.

As far as DUI's go, you can and should always refuse a breathalyzer if you have been drinking and are pulled over. The officer will arrest you on the suspicion, key word suspicion of DUI but you are not convicted until the big hammer swings. They will draw your blood at the station to confirm your BAC, by that time though you BAC has more than likely has significantly reduced and is not what it would have been if you had blown. Plus the breathalyzers are often not calibrated or can show a false reading. I don't know if your license will automatically become suspended by being arrested for DUI, I think that is a scare tactic to get people to blow, convicted however I would see your license being suspended. Innocent until proven guilty.

Talk about off topic but yeah that's my 2 cents lol

Your vehicle CANNIT be impounded for refusing a search and refusal IS NOT probable cause to get a warrant.

You cannot refuse the dog walk around. If the dog alerts, then the police have probable cause for a search and no longer need your consent. If nothing is found during the search, you are free to go about your way.

Your vehicle CANNIT be impounded for refusing a search and refusal IS NOT probable cause to get a warrant.

You cannot refuse the dog walk around. If the dog alerts, then the police have probable cause for a search and no longer need your consent. If nothing is found during the search, you are free to go about your way.
Well I'm not a legal expert by any means. And it may have changed in recent years. But that's how the Macon PD used to do it legal or not.

LEO can technically impound a vehicle for a search warrant but the officer better have a good reason for doing so otherwise any self respecting supervisor would look very bad allowing that to happen with no good suspicion. If you are talking about LEO overreach, a better example would be an officer claiming they smell the odor of marijuana or alcohol coming from the car, wherein no odor exists and they are lying, I've personally seen that before. That gives them probable cause to search the immediate areas around the vehicle where the odor exists, usually around where the driver can reach. In that case there is no need for consent or a drug dog, if the officer simply claims that.

As far as DUI's go, you can and should always refuse a breathalyzer if you have been drinking and are pulled over. The officer will arrest you on the suspicion, key word suspicion of DUI but you are not convicted until the big hammer swings. They will draw your blood at the station to confirm your BAC, by that time though you BAC has more than likely has significantly reduced and is not what it would have been if you had blown. Plus the breathalyzers are often not calibrated or can show a false reading. I don't know if your license will automatically become suspended by being arrested for DUI, I think that is a scare tactic to get people to blow, convicted however I would see your license being suspended. Innocent until proven guilty.

Talk about off topic but yeah that's my 2 cents lol
Sounds right. I once heard an Atlanta attorney named George Stein tell the Regular Guys ( former radio show which was great) that when you take the breathalyzer at the station the administering officer likes to throw away the first results and claim it was a test run or not sufficient. In reality you can make them go with the one and done first results. But you know...ignorance to the law and whatnot.

So back to the original point of this thread. The deal posted is a good price. My stepfather bought the same Mossberg at Howard's Pawn in Macon earlier today and paid $329.00 plus tax for it. And I'm NOT criticizing Howard's at all. He had the best price in Macon or Warner Robins just like he always does.

Back
Top Bottom