• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2nd annual Trout stream meet and greet

I'll probably leave Wednesday night and make it by Friday, lol!

It's too long of a drive for me to go around the mountain, so I go over the top from the Hwy 52 side.
The tough part is remembering which of the 3 branches to take at the top of Springer Mountain after ascending Winding Stairs Gap.

Best I recall the left dead ends near the AT parking lot, just a couple hundred yards north of the official start.
The one pretty much straight ahead dead ends into a creek somewhere, after a pretty long ride.
So I need the road on the right!
That will connect me to Forest Road 69, which will get me to the campground....

If I do make it up on Wednesday, then I'll head back to pick up the wife on Friday morning and the truck will be empty so I can pick up some fire wood to share.

Hikingthehills, man I would love to attend, but family will keep me away. I have some stuff to do and cannot change it. Good on you for putting this together!
I'm going to do this every year sir! I would love for you to be able to come up next year or maybe we can even pull off a fall trip.

I will be out of state and have to miss this one, but I have a nice truck tent setup someone going could put to good use.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-truck-bed-tent.1113643/#post-5607929

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_05_18_52e6d3e45897b3dcaf3d3e3e117965fb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom