3" 686 .357 holster. Which one?

buckeroo

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
46   0
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what holster for my 3" 686 in 357? I will mainly carry it woods walking and not concealed. I want something that will not affect the finish in any way and be comfortable on hikes in the mountains scouting the CNF.

Suggestions? I am fairly new to revolvers.

Look at some of the custom work from Ryan Grizzle of Dahlonega GA. I have several of his holsters and they are all perfect.

image.jpeg
Ryan Grizzle "Working Man" with shark trim. 1911 is an STI Ranger II with work by John Harrison.

Reactions: MRH
Uncle Mike's #5, a little paracord and you have a great shoulder rig. Won't affect the finish either.

There is no such thing as holster "that will not affect the finish in any way". Working guns carried in holsters eventually suffer some finish wear. I don't have a suggestion on a holster for you, that's a path you really have to walk on your own. I will add everything in holster design involves compromises among the four basic factors of comfort, accessibility, security, and concealment. Whenever one factor is emphasized there will be compromises in the other factors. Only you can decide which factors are most important and how much compromise is acceptable.

I have a Bianchi and love it. Very high quality leather, perfect fit and perfect retention. Mine is a GP100, but they make them for S&W also, of course.

I am really liking some of the local makers as well. If I had known of one before I bought the Bianchi I would have definitely supported them.

Back
Top Bottom