3-Gun Tower match this Saturday at GSH

kuduman

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Gunsite Hills is having their monthly "tower tactical" 3-gun match this Saturday, Dec. 7th at 9 AM.

Anybody besides me going?

Have you shot it before?

Yes, I have. Minimal equipment needed; very informal. I can elaborate if anyone's interested. Or even if they aren't.

Rifle/4 mags/32 rounds (IIRC)
Pistol/4 or more mags/at least 25 rounds... you might need more. I'll probably carry six mags for my 1911. I'm assuming they allow 9mm, but it never occurred to me to ask. : )
Shotgun, you can borrow there. Bring 7 rounds of birdshot. No buck or slugs.

As long as you have a pistol holster, and cargo pants for the mags, you're good to go. You don't need any Bat-belt to shoot this.

Some optics will help though... I had a red-dot, and couldn't even see the longest range targets at 290 or thereabouts. Lost some points there. But I hit the rest of the silhouettes out to 250 without issue. YMMV. You don't need a target scope or anything. 4X would be plenty-- and considering the number of short range rifle targets you'll be shooting, a high-power scope may be a handicap.

And then of course you get to do some long range shooting when the match is over. Walk-through starts promptly at 9; we finished about noon in Oct.

It was fun. Non-intimidating. Well, until Chief chewed me out like I was Pyle in FMJ, but that's a different story...

I have shot and won it before. My coworker goes there for every match and does very well. He is the one with the Bat-belt. Chief is a unique individual.

Wow, sounds like fun! Too bad the weather is supposed to be crappy.

How much does it cost?

Back
Top Bottom