• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Practical Pistol Match Skills, March 3 @ SRGC (Atlanta, GA)

Stubb

Default rank <300 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
First Match Skills class of the year is March 3 at South River Gun Club east of Atlanta, GA.

This one-day class teaches how to translate skills developed shooting structured drills to a freestyle shooting environment like a practical-shooting match. In the morning, we'll work on building a stage plan, mentally rehearsing the mental, physical, and visual cues that comprise it, then executing the plan after the start beep. Afternoon is about shooting efficiently to minimize time and maximize points (accuracy). The class will mostly involve shooting stages, but we'll run a few shorter drills in the middle of the day as well.

LEO students have stated that the material applies directly applicable to their work. An experienced LEO shooter watched me shoot the shoot the first stage after he had run it and commented: "I think you have some things to teach us ." In the end we're learning to shoot quickly and accurately in a freestyle shooting environment.

The class assumes a higher base level of skill than Core Skills—students should be comfortable moving with a handgun and engaging multiple targets. The class will still hit some fundamentals, but the focus will be on more on executing them in the context of complex drills and stages.

Class fee is $195 and max class size is six students, so you'll get plenty of one-on-one coaching. Round count will be 350–400 for the day, but you're free to shoot more.

Online sign-up with a credit card via PractiScore or contact me directly at andreas@yank.to for other options (check, crypto, cash, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom