• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

300 blackout ammo problems

the ammo does not have any name on the bags and is a mix of different brass
the bolt locks up and has to be pryed back when it does not chamber a round
I went through a bag of the ammo just to see what would camber maunnally and easily extract and found 12 rounds out of 50 would not chamber would yall think that there was just something off in the manufatering of this ammo

Bad ammo or out of spec chamber. Probably (hopefully) ammo.

the ammo does not have any name on the bags and is a mix of different brass
the bolt locks up and has to be pryed back when it does not chamber a round
I went through a bag of the ammo just to see what would camber maunnally and easily extract and found 12 rounds out of 50 would not chamber would yall think that there was just something off in the manufatering of this ammo

Do not fire that ammo until you can determine the source of the problem. Can you provide a picture of the malfunction?

OK my guess.

Sounds like reloads that have been formed from .223/5.56 brass. Cut down and hand formed. Now the neck is out of spec being thicker and wont chamber.

I anneal and turn all my necks to specifications. I have seen this in a friends reloads. He pulled bullets out of 200 rounds, turned his necks and reloaded. All fired without a hitch.

OK my guess.

Sounds like reloads that have been formed from .223/5.56 brass. Cut down and hand formed. Now the neck is out of spec being thicker and wont chamber.

I anneal and turn all my necks to specifications. I have seen this in a friends reloads. He pulled bullets out of 200 rounds, turned his necks and reloaded. All fired without a hitch.

Saved me some typing, here. I'd be willing to bet that it's 5.56 formed to .300 brass and that the cases are out of spec. Can you confirm the head stamps on the brass? Do they say .300?

Back
Top Bottom