• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 blackout buffer weight

KingTuna

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
15   0
Reaction score
My 300 blackout is a PSA kit, 8.5" barrel. Of course PSA ships all their kits with a carbine spring and buffer. Shooting unsuppressed, it functions great shooting supers and subs, but im sure its still overgassed. Suppressed its overgassed shooting both, it should definitely be a little quieter with subs and supers you can really tell its overgassed. From reading on the good ol internet, it seems the easiest fix for me would be to put an H1or H2 buffer in it. I dont shoot subs unsuppressed, so i was leaning towards the H2 and figured it would still function fine with supers without the can. Anyone have input from firsthand experience?

Look up springco springs. May need to upgrade the spring to a different rate. They have many to fit a variety of setups.

You can add a heavier buffer and will help recoil and slow down the BCG. May change the direction the brass is ejected as well (Forward some).

Curious where it's throwing the brass, suppressed vs unsurpassed?

If it's overpasses, changing buffer weights, spring tension or anything else still leaves the gun overgassed you're just offsetting the gas not really fixing the issue. That being said, I'd start with one then add the next to you get the function you want. You can also add an adjustable gas block or adjustable bcg, though those will be more expensive options.

Just from memory, brass ejects at about 3 or 4 oclock either beside me or slightly behind me. I know shooting supressed with subs the sound of the buffer hitting the back of the receiver extension is louder than the actual gunshot itself. Ive got a H1 BCM buffer loaded in my cart at Primary i think im gonna try that and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom