• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

300 BLACKOUT BULLET RECOMMENDATIONS

77REBELBOWTIE

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
As I'm new to the reloading process, I was wondering what projectiles everyone has found to work the best. Im wanting to load for hunting and target practice. I'm off this week and will be visiting as many small gun shops in my area and will be looking for supplies. I might just buy everything I find at a reasonable price. If I buy something I can't use, I'll try to work out a trade with someone that can use it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Wow, that is one heck of a task you have at hand!!! Rounding up components has been tough lately!!! Include what firearm platforms you’ll be reloading for, bolt gun or AR, barrel twist rate and length. I’m fairly new to reloading, but that will help others give you ideas what’s best. Also specify subs or supers or both.

I have both a 10.5" pistol and 16" carbine in the ar platform. As far as subs or not, I'm not sure. I've fired both from my pistol and it ran flawlessly.
On a side note, I guess I lucked out yesterday. Found a list that had reloading stuff 20% off. Picked up a lot. Even got some 38spl brass.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I like the Speer tnt bullets.

I wouldn’t recommend shooting game with subs unless you buy bullets that are designed to open up at low velocities. Even those need to be treated like you are a bow hunter. Quality heart shots and double lung shots only.

I would not buy components unless I had primers for those components.
I can find just about everything I need (may have to wait a while for it to come back in stock) except primers. I bet many new reloader will be selling off their stash because they can’t get primers.

I just checked my cast source for bullets. They are taking orders for delivery in 16 weeks!

Oh well, time to take up gardening, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom