• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.300 blackout subs bolt gun load data

Kman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Trying to escape from Atlanta!!
279   0
Reaction score
I'm preparing to reload subs for my rem model 7 bolt gun. There is lots of load data out there for the AR platform and 200gr plus bullets, but how about sub load data for bolt or single shot rifles? I have found a little load data and definitely need to see more information. I'm looking for load data with the lighter bullets from 150gr-180gr. I have an idea where to start, but any input is appreciated.

I would say start with the load data you have found for the AR platform and adjust the powder charge as needed up/down. Also, use a chronograph so you can see what the velocity is of the loads. The chronograph will let you know if it needs to go up or down in charge.

IMG_3465.JPG
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3467.JPG
IMG_3468.JPG
IMG_3465.JPG
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3467.JPG
IMG_3468.JPG
I'm preparing to reload subs for my rem model 7 bolt gun. There is lots of load data out there for the AR platform and 200gr plus bullets, but how about sub load data for bolt or single shot rifles? I have found a little load data and definitely need to see more information. I'm looking for load data with the lighter bullets from 150gr-180gr. I have an idea where to start, but any input is appreciated.

I use Copper Blackout for my 300 Blackout. I bought some plinking ammo from them and it was cheaper than I could have reloaded it myself.. They also made me various grains to see what works best in my rifle. Call Jose, Copperout and tell him Jay B from ODT sent you.
They are local in Grayson and you can save a ton on shipping by picking up directly

I did run a few 150gr fmj/bt with A1680. My lowest velocity was just over sub sonic. I need to tweak it down a few 10ths of a grain and then work on accuracy. I love this Remington micro 7 bolt gun!! I found a great forum for .300 BO with lots of good info and some very helpful members. One day I'll pick up the .300 blackout AR again. Running super sonic book loads through it was to easy. My next move will be subs through the AR platform, but I have a ways to go and lots of testing yet.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/index.php?sid=b97d368765fdd6890adc95216e635b43

View attachment 1194995 View attachment 1194996 View attachment 1194998 View attachment 1195000 View attachment 1194995 View attachment 1194996 View attachment 1194998 View attachment 1195000

I use Copper Blackout for my 300 Blackout. I bought some plinking ammo from them and it was cheaper than I could have reloaded it myself.. They also made me various grains to see what works best in my rifle. Call Jose, Copperout and tell him Jay B from ODT sent you.
They are local in Grayson and you can save a ton on shipping by picking up directly

I may check them out. Thanks for the tip.

Kman...do u run a silencer on your bolt gun? The best setup for a bolt, subsonic, 300 will be your pick of bullet and run trailboss powder. Come see me and I can loan you some to test. The rounds will not cycle in a semi auto and thus it is the best bolt action sub you will find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The joy of a bolt gun, you only need enough bang to get the bullet out of the barrel...Best thing about running a suppressed bolt gun is you can make them so silent. No worry about having enough charge to cycle the bolt.

For a bolt gun, you do not need the AR type powders, you don't need extra gas to operate the action.

I use Unique and Bullseye with coated cast.. Lots of load data on castboolits.

Back
Top Bottom