• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.300 blkout subsonic feeding issues with pmags

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
210   0
Reaction score
ok. I have .300blkout pistol that I have set up for suppressed subsonic only. The problem I’m having is that the larger subsonic bullets are catching the lip of the pmags and not feeding properly.
I thought I had heard of magazines dedicated to .300 blkout subsonic that eliminates this problem.
Franklins and Clyde Armory had no clue.
Guess I’m going to just get out a round file unless you guys know the answer.

I haven't had any pmag feed issues with either my 220 or 208gr reloads or with factory Rem 220gr subs. 9" true AAC barrel kitted upper on an SBR lower and has run both an AAC 762-SDN-6 and a DIY 8" Ti .30cal can. But I only run the 20 rounders with it. Works fine with an old Colt 20 rd GI mag too (followed me home from the Army in 1988, misplaced in my duffle) . I have some 30 rd C-mags, I'll have to see now what difference in clearance they might show.

Another thing to consider is simply the weight.

Each 220gr sub weighs as much as 4 55gr 5.56 rounds. That's a lot to ask of a spring. Pmags are pretty sluggish for me to.. but I'm running a H2 buffer.

Unless you can actually see it getting hung up... It's likely a bolt speed issue. An adjustable gas block or heavier buffer could likely solve the issue.

Another thing to consider is simply the weight.

Each 220gr sub weighs as much as 4 55gr 5.56 rounds. That's a lot to ask of a spring. Pmags are pretty sluggish for me to.. but I'm running a H2 buffer.

Unless you can actually see it getting hung up... It's likely a bolt speed issue. An adjustable gas block or heavier buffer could likely solve the issue.

Thanks...that’s exactly where I started....gas block, buffer, and bcg. But I can see where lip of mag is catching front edge of bullet...again it is a round flat tip. Lower right edge of bullet is catching lip of mag. Not much, but just enough to cause a snafu.

Back
Top Bottom