• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$300 LEO Trade In G22's (3rd & 4th gen) plus free ammo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob62

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
261   0
Reaction score
Well selfish Rob wanted to wait until he got his glut of inexpensive Glocks before posting this :).

Ed's Pawn shop in Stockbridge, GA, has the subject line guns. They used to have a big box behind the counter in the front. But now that box is a little smaller. From talking to them today there are more in the back which have not been brought out yet.

Side note they also have some Trade In S&W M&P's at this price. (I did not look at them so can't comment further on them)

http://www.edspawn.com/

The lowdown is that overall condition is anywhere from Fair to Very Good. I did not see any like new condition specimens. They only come with one magazine - no box. However all I saw have Night Sights. Some with the "crimped" in Glock front night sight, which I personally hate.

None that I saw had any extended slide locks/releases. None of the gen 4's came with the backstrap kits - or at least I do not think they did. But they do sell them separately for $15 (ask, they are in their "used" parts box).

And Ed's is throwing into the deal a box of 50 rds factory loaded .40 ammo. Today it was Remington FMJ. Total price out the door was $321.......

FWIW - some were clearly in worse condition than others. So if you go I suggest taking someone familiar with Glocks to give them a good once over.

And for those who only purchase new. Ed's is a LE Glock Distrubutor. They have quite a few new Blue Label boxed Glocks in stock.

Regards,

Rob

Thanks, a lot of people like me that was new to tge big G do not know Glock will refresh any and all. Take your mags too. They replaced my frame and gave me new mags.

If you go to Glock Smyrna they - depending on the technician you get, can be fuzzy at times.

There was a time when they would easily replace magazines. But I have started hearing some stories where they have not done that for everyone. And I get it. Magazines are in essence a consumable item. Meaning they wear out over time. I don't expect Glock to replace a worn out magazine. Although they have in the past and still do so on many occasions.

My overall experience with their walk in service has been outstanding. And if you ask them for a Glock pin or sticker (promotional freebies). They generally give you something. Which is a big deal and I am thankful for it. Certainly they don't have to give out anything. ........overall I give their service a huge A++

Ed's has great prices on used guns. Nice folks and do not get offended by offers, even lowball offers. But, be careful, they will turn you into a buyer.

I've bought a lot of stuff from Ed's over the years. But this deal on used G22's begs the question, just how low can they go....definitely a time to purchase. Just like with AR15's....

Glock in Smyrna would not replace my busted magazine. Their tech stated that they had warranty on accessories. When I explained that a magazine was an essential part and the gun wouldn’t function properly without it he restated the whole no warranty on accessories thing.

Hate to say this. But the G22 frame is the same as the G17. I bought a trade in G22 and dropped a G17 ejector in the frame. Have been running my G17 gen 2 upper on it all day. I wanted to be able to mount a light on my gen 2. This was a easy way to do the. I sold the G22 top end assembly on ebay for way more than I paid for the entire gun. Basically got a spare G17/G22 frame for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom