• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300BLK subsonic at .37/round

took the .37/rd ammo to the range today. It jammed on feeding about once every couple of rounds. It's definitely not accurate. Looks like the bullets were tumbling.

The first 15 rounds were sighting in a new scope using the Gemtech subs. The small holes in the middle are Gemtech subs. The 5 big torn holes are the .37/rd ammo. target is a 17.5" target at 50 yards.

300blk target.jpg

When it comes to sub loads I do my own..Main reason, I take a 16 inch barrel and a 21 inch barrel and shoot my loads as I am trying different weight projectiles and powders.. It ain't a quick fix, it takes a lot of time and patience to develop a sub round, that will work for a specific length barrel with a certain twist rate. Since they all act different in different configurations...I roll my own...Good luck and thanks for the report..

took the .37/rd ammo to the range today. It jammed on feeding about once every couple of rounds. It's definitely not accurate. Looks like the bullets were tumbling.

The first 15 rounds were sighting in a new scope using the Gemtech subs. The small holes in the middle are Gemtech subs. The 5 big torn holes are the .37/rd ammo. target is a 17.5" target at 50 yards.

View attachment 1048752
That sucks. Appreciate you doing the testing though cause I was considering ordering some.

I shot with the suppressor. No evidence of a baffle strike that I could tell.

As soon as I went back to the Gemtechs, the group tightened back up - no flyers. I even shot some supersonic rounds, and they grouped nicely.

thanks, citizenk for taking one for the team here. btw, the bullets in the second picture of the link look like complete goat ****. more wrinkled than an 95 year old's ****. no wonder i have never seen a 300 bullet shaped like this - all of the better manufacturers know better!

Back
Top Bottom