300WM options

There are some fine rifles out there for under the price range you are looking at. My go to rifles are Winchester model 70, Browning's and of course Ruger M77's. Get on the internet and shop a few places like Buds and you will find some great deals. Most of the local shops will match prices as well so you can go touch and feel before you purchase. Is your budget mentioned for rifle alone or for package with scope?

why do you want a 300 mag. to hunt with? First 24 in barrel naw, high cost of ammo naw, a lot of recoil naw, very heavy to tote. Find a Tikka light, or Sako 85 or just a plain old Rem. 700 in 06 or 35 whelen, plenty of power in these two rds, or the old 270.

.300WinMag is an outstanding caliber, especially if you handload. Download it to .30-06 range, or go full-bore Magnum. On targets I’ve run .300WinMag to 2,000yds.

Rem 700, Browning, Tikka or Savage. In that order.
Unless you are talking pre-Freedom group, Id buy the Savage before I bought the 700, in fact, a new Remington wouldn't even be on my list at all. All the others look good though. Bergara also makes the HMR, Ridge and Hunter in 300 WinMag that would fit the budget.

Back
Top Bottom