• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

33rd Canik mags in 10 minutes!

nicaburns

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
Empty Tomb Forge
245   0
Reaction score
For those of you who have snagged a Canik TP9SA or V2, you have noticed that extra mags are a bit hard to find and there are no 33rd mags available.
If you want access to more mags or even 33 rounders for plinking, the Beretta mags are quite compatible. Just grab your dremel and some Beretta mags and you are in business. Just align the mags and mark out the release cut out for the Canik mag onto the M9 mag. (Note the upper notch added to the two 33 rounders in the pic.) Then use a cutoff wheel and diamond burr or equivalent to round the hole.
These particular ones do require depressing the mag release to insert because of the squared of design but they work like a charm and I only paid $13 each for these from Sportsmans Guide.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Note the more squared upper left corner of the high cap on the left which snags on the release and requires you to depress the mag release for insertion. I am not certain if there are versions with sufficient slope to allow for direct insertion.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting. From what I understood the Canik was basically a Walther model that they had let the patents expire on. I wouldn't have expected Beretta mags to work. I'll have to try one in my V1 model.

Back
Top Bottom