• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HKP30sk Tool Stuck in Slide

CBR600

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
Hey, anybody got any ideas how to remove punch that is stuck in slide ? I installed a GrayGuns trigger and trigger reset on lower frame and the last part to install was the safety plunger spring on the slide. Everything was going fine until I had to knock out the Firing Pin Safety Roll-Pin. I got the pin out, but my punch got stuck and it's only one way in and one way out. I tried the vice with some lubricant, but it's not budging. Just frustrated at this point and would def appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20240321_230621.jpg
    20240321_230621.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240321_230655.jpg
    20240321_230655.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 28
Well lesson learned. Don't use a tapered punch.

Put the slide back in the vice. Lock the punch in a drill and slowly run the drill reverse and forward while giving the drill upward pressure. Keep the lubricant handy.
Yes lesson learned, even though these punches have worked with many guns. I already ordered some more with better quality. I will try this method if the other does not work. Thanks

Oh yeah, side note. I just wanted to say after working on multiple firearms from different manufacturers I def understand the quality of HK pistols better now. Switching out the trigger on a Glock is substantially easier then some other brands. Gotta love the challenge though, feels more earned.

Got it!

Good soak with Kroil. Plenty of heat. Padded the side of the slide behind the punch with a towel. Grabbed the punched with the pictured snips so that the jaws were parallel to the surface. Rested the back of the snips on the towel-covered side of the slide, and levered the pin straight up.

Cake n’ pie.

IMG_1886.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom