• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

$350k for License to Hunt Black Rhino

There is no sport in safari hunts. Its absurd. Youre not the king of the jungle if you shoot a lion from a jeep in a conservation. Youre a rich asshole. Same goes for killing elephants, whales and rhinos. Plain and simple. I also only deer hunt with a bow. No calls. I believe in a fair chase. These guys are *******

You do not take your cell phone in the stand?:D

There is no sport in safari hunts. Its absurd. Youre not the king of the jungle if you shoot a lion from a jeep in a conservation. Youre a rich asshole. Same goes for killing elephants, whales and rhinos. Plain and simple. I also only deer hunt with a bow. No calls. I believe in a fair chase. These guys are *******

Is your bow one fashioned out of the twigs broken found on the hot trail of the deer you're pursuing? Or a modern compound bow? I get your point but to be a "hunter" you use your intellect and technology (be it recent or relatively primitive). More challenging than a firearm? Yes but (and I've made this mistake as well) bow hunters adopt a superiority when they rely at a level of tech. much like a firearm hunter does... And they get a head start on the season. To each their own but be consistent in logic if judgment is laid down.

Is your bow one fashioned out of the twigs broken found on the hot trail of the deer you're pursuing? Or a modern compound bow? I get your point but to be a "hunter" you use your intellect and technology (be it recent or relatively primitive). More challenging than a firearm? Yes but (and I've made this mistake as well) bow hunters adopt a superiority when they rely at a level of tech. much like a firearm hunter does... And they get a head start on the season. To each their own but be consistent in logic if judgment is laid down.

I have all both. I get your point and I rarely hunt with my recurve. Im not as accurate with it and im also a person that dont let em fly unless I know when it hits it dies! (Generally lol)

I dont depend on wild game. Its more of im looking for a monster in the woods type deal. If its not aature animal, ill let it walk. Im not in it for the numbers like so many people in ga are. I want the biggest baddest mofo. I only kill professionals. ill leave the rookies to the boys

I dont depend on wild game. Its more of im looking for a monster in the woods type deal. If its not aature animal, ill let it walk. Im not in it for the numbers like so many people in ga are. I want the biggest baddest mofo. I only kill professionals. ill leave the rookies to the boys

So you are a trophy hunter? Which is what you profess to not condone? I have a pal who went on a hunt in Africa, all of the animals he harvested were given to poor tribes for the meat and other products they could make from them. Win- win all the way around. And no, he is not a rich asshole. He hunted trophy's just like you. Fair chase and all.

Last edited:

Learn about what you are condemning. If you think all African hunts are done that way you are a closed minded fool. I might get an infraction but so be it, do a little research. Most african hunts benefit the locals greatly. If you agree with that then there is no beef. I do agree that if the hunter is killing from a vehicle, that is wrong and you would be correct.

Last edited:
All hunters have their own reasons for hunting. Whether it's for the meat, the thrill, or whatever. To say there is no sport in safari hunts is ridiculous. To make it a class warfare issue is also. My point is, Bob Barker and all the "animal rights" people equating animals to human beings is nuts.

I don't hunt, so I'm a better human being than all of you :). But, without the safari hunters paying through the nose and giving the locals a incentive to preserve the wildlife, many more animals would have been killed by poachers and the locals themselves for bushmeat. It's very easy to research, the parts of Africa that make it the hardest to legally hunt have seen the biggest population hits. The parts that make it relatively easy to hunt are mostly seeing population growth. If you care about the animals look at the results instead of relying on your emotions. If that 350K going to preservation will save more rhinos than the one that gets killed, it's a great thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom