• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

$359 Vortex 1-4x24 Viper PST 30mm Rifle Scope + Mount Kit and two magazines!

Just bought it. One of my optics took a dump in me today. This will be a nice replacement.

You should not be disappointed and for that price with a mount...

I have both the MRAD and MOA scopes on AR's and really love them. The glass is really good. It's like having a good red dot and a scope.

I cannot imagine that the 1-6 will be better than this guy (I have one, so do all my 3gun buddies). It's got the largest eyebox of any scope I've tried.

I thought I got a deal at $436 delivered, without a mount.

I'm ordering another one...

I cannot imagine that the 1-6 will be better than this guy (I have one, so do all my 3gun buddies). It's got the largest eyebox of any scope I've tried.

I thought I got a deal at $436 delivered, without a mount.

I'm ordering another one...
Glad to hear about the good eye relief. I was checking one out at the CMP yesterday and liked it. Great timing OP found this deal!

Also, I could see where 6x would be more helpful at longer distances, but if someone is shooting primarily at longer distances, this is not the right scope for them. Price is fantastic too!

Glad to hear about the good eye relief. I was checking one out at the CMP yesterday and liked it. Great timing OP found this deal!

Also, I could see where 6x would be more helpful at longer distances, but if someone is shooting primarily at longer distances, this is not the right scope for them. Price is fantastic too!

4X is good enough for torso sized targets out to 600 yards, and that's the effective range of the .223 anyway. More or less. So it's a darned good pairing for whacking steel at distance, or precise shots out to 200 or so. And it's a heck of a lot better than a red-dot for picking out targets in mixed bright/shady environments. I was at a match some years ago with my Eotech red dot, and we were supposed to shoot a black metal silhouette target at 100 yards-- but at that time of the day, it was in shade. We, and the shooting field were in full sun. The folks with open sights and red-dots could not see the target. We were literally lifting our heads off the sights, looking, then taking our best guess and firing. The guys with scopes were chewing that target up. I bought this Vortex 1-4X, and have never looked back.

I've consistently whacked WHITE PAINTED 1-foot square targets at 325 with that Eotech on an AR, when lighting conditions are optimum. With a scope, you have far more flexibility, in my experience. Though there's certainly the risk that the scope will fail-- if you're life's depending on it, look at the Vortex Razor-II 1-6X... But it costs three times as much. For my needs, this scope is outstanding.

4X is good enough for torso sized targets out to 600 yards, and that's the effective range of the .223 anyway. More or less. So it's a darned good pairing for whacking steel at distance, or precise shots out to 200 or so. And it's a heck of a lot better than a red-dot for picking out targets in mixed bright/shady environments. I was at a match some years ago with my Eotech red dot, and we were supposed to shoot a black metal silhouette target at 100 yards-- but at that time of the day, it was in shade. We, and the shooting field were in full sun. The folks with open sights and red-dots could not see the target. We were literally lifting our heads off the sights, looking, then taking our best guess and firing. The guys with scopes were chewing that target up. I bought this Vortex 1-4X, and have never looked back.

I've consistently whacked WHITE PAINTED 1-foot square targets at 325 with that Eotech on an AR, when lighting conditions are optimum. With a scope, you have far more flexibility, in my experience. Though there's certainly the risk that the scope will fail-- if you're life's depending on it, look at the Vortex Razor-II 1-6X... But it costs three times as much. For my needs, this scope is outstanding.

Although I never had the light wash out issues you listed using my Eotech in bright, outdoor matches, I am becoming more sold on the 1-4,1-6,1-8 options. I use to hate the poor eye relief, but they are getting better and better with the newer optics coming out. That, and many of the 1x settings are actually 1x or like 1.01x vs the 1.3-1.4 most actually were.

Although I never had the light wash out issues you listed using my Eotech in bright, outdoor matches, I am becoming more sold on the 1-4,1-6,1-8 options. I use to hate the poor eye relief, but they are getting better and better with the newer optics coming out. That, and many of the 1x settings are actually 1x or like 1.01x vs the 1.3-1.4 most actually were.
This one is true 1X, and has loose requirements for eye placement. The higher-powered ones are less flexible in eye placement, from my experience (which I admit is limited to maybe 8 different 1X scopes).

It's sold out, but this guy works just fine both-eyes-open, and up close.

As the 1-6X optics come out more and more I think you'll find the price drop on these, I'm holding off as I want to see the new Burris R T6 1-6 scope which is basically the MTAC 1-6 with Balistic AR reticle (not the cqb). Optics planet showing it at $365.00.

Also wanting to see how much the price on the Gen 2 Viper PST drops after it's initial release... Want to put one on this rifle I just finished.

IMG_20170317_164656973.jpg

Back
Top Bottom