• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4/13 hunt

We use to go Liston at daylight get a idea of where they were,go to town and eat breakfast and come back.which they should be nesting now.maybe you can find one lonely.

When I did hunt I always went the night before to determine where they were roosting. Then go in the next morning at dark and sit until daybreak...And do a fly down call

We try roosting them but the turkeys here don’t gobble much after flying up to roost.
They don’t gobble all that much from the limb in the morning either, unless you are in their bubble.

We try roosting them but the turkeys here don’t gobble much after flying up to roost.
They don’t gobble all that much from the limb in the morning either, unless you are in their bubble.
I think the predators play a part in that.back in 80s 90s that was what everyone tried to do roost them, set up next mourning close,and occasionally they would fly down in your lap.

I think the predators play a part in that.back in 80s 90s that was what everyone tried to do roost them, set up next mourning close,and occasionally they would fly down in your lap.
Oh yeah, I remember the days of doing that. Predator numbers weren’t quite as bad then. I can’t blame a turkey for not wanting to gobble much now.

Back
Top Bottom