.40 vs 9mm I need the help of ODT

.40 or 9mm

• Total voters
IMHO, which may not be worth much, I think for the higher price of .40 ammo vs 9mm, with no more gian than you really get... stick with the 9mm.

If you want bigger, step up to the .45ACP, or even 10mm if you are really in love with a .40 cal bullet.

Better Ballistics? What fiction books you been reading?

I don't get my information from a book, I've shot plenty from both calibers to know which I prefer. The .40 starts out 1mm bigger, carries more energy, and will penetrate 12"...that's enough for me right there. I honestly wouldn't want to be shot with either and don't think the bad guy will know the difference. I shoot the .40 better and that's what I carry. I have full confidence that if I can do my job any bullet whether it be a 9mm or .40 will do it's job.

A well placed .22 beats a miss with a .50cal.

3 rounds of anything between the collarbone and the belly button and they are pretty much handled.

You're probably correct.

I've seen a few gun shot wounds, I use to work at Wellstar Cobb Hospital in Austell about 9yrs ago. By far the nastiest wound I saw was from a 22lr. The guy was shot in the abdomen and it bounced around until it tore everything inside to hell and back. His intestines, stomach, liver, kidneys and everything else was still attached but they were lying in a bag next to him in his bed.

Ranger T 230gr +P
1926_dept44310.jpg

Back
Top Bottom