.40 vs 9mm I need the help of ODT

.40 or 9mm

• Total voters
9mm for me. I am far more accurate with 9mm and 45 than I am with 40. I got out of 45 because it was too expensive for plinking. I can shoot affordably with 9, feel comfortable it will stop the bad guy, and am accurate with it. I also like having 20 rounds in my XDMs.

The linear propensity of the 40 far outweighs the mootness of the 9. Although the 40 is sexier and likelier to court it's victim to a larger hole, literally and figuratively for eternity... a well placed 9 will engage it's target just as well..... but in a parabola type of trajectory. In other words, 9 shooters take on more of a feminine quality but nothing is really wrong about that trait.....just that they wear pink silk undies mostly.

:pop2:

David Fortier was embedded with the Army during Operation Iraqi Freedom :usa2:. He is a contributing writer for Shooting Times magazine. He didn't do stories about the war, he did stories about the weapons, equipment and ammo that the troops used.

He asked the troops about the M4 Carbine. They all loved that. He asked them about the M240 SAW & the M249 medium machine gun. They all loved those, too! He then asked about Beretta M9 9mm pistol. They loved the pistol. However, the government in it's infinite wisdom chose to supply them with after market magazines supplied by the lowest bidder, rather than Beretta factory mags. Big problem....if loaded with more than 10 rounds, they jammed every time. Thus, the 15 + 1 round M9 was relegated to holding only 10 rounds. If equipped with factory mags, it cleaned the mag out as fast as you could pull the trigger.

When asked about the effectiveness of the 9mm ball ammunition, under condition of anonymity (not wishing to be named as the trooper bad mouthing the equipment), to a man, they all had the same answer: "I gotta shoot Hadji three times just to get his attention!" :faint:

After reading that, my choice of a .40 S&W was reinforced and confirmed!!

.40 s&w

What sold me on the .40 was slightly better ballistics than a 9mm and more capacity than the 45acp...seems like the perfect compromise to me. It's what I started out with years ago and I have no reason to want to switch to anything else.

Better Ballistics? What fiction books you been reading?

What sold me on the .40 s&w was slightly better ballistics than a 9mm and more capacity than the 45acp...seems like the perfect compromise to me. It's what I started out with years ago and I have no reason to want to switch to anything else.

Back
Top Bottom