• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

44mag

I would call Alliant and Hodgdon.
Do you have the Lyman manual--either the general or the cast bullet specific one?
I don't like playing with 296/H110--start loads are often very close to MAX loads and you'll need to watch for bore obstructions, like semi-molten powder with light loads.
I have my own thoughts on where I would start, but I'm not going to write them down.

pay attention to any loads with H110. as noylj mentioned it's mainly for full power loads. I tend to save mine for JHP loads or something with a bit more omph. Most manuals recommend a very small range of loads for the H110 as it doesn't work well if downloaded, so resist the urge to run it lower than what they recommend.

the 2400 should be better. I shoot a lot of 240gr lead bullets in mine, just range ammo, pretty sure I use AA#7 that I had a bunch of extra so just use that for playing around, and the H110 and XTPs for the kicker loads.

If they are full wad cutters loaded flush with the case mouth, that sounds good.
260grain, 5 grains unique

If they are semi-wadcutters, I would only load a few for each range session; you may want to up the charge towards 9.0grains to get velosity of approximately 1000FPS depending on the bullet.

Back
Top Bottom