• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

45 super out of a FNX45

USUK

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
9   0
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? Was thinking of getting more bang out of my FNX45 tactical and I saw that there was a 460 Rowland conversion kit available:

https://www.460rowland.com/product/fnx-conversion/

The kit sounds fun, but made me think that maybe I could just run 45 super out of the gun without mods (other than maybe a heavier recoil spring). I know the standard fnx45 barrel has a fully supported chamber.

Anyone doing this?

Anyone every seen a video of anyone trying to run 45 super in any standard 45 cap? Glock, 1911 or HK, Ruger or any Gun? Wonder how many rounds a typical 45 acp gun would last until it failed with 45 super Ammo?

I run 460 Rowland out of my XDm comp. I've done the conversion.

Besides the supported chamber, the only difference is the springs.

Running 45 Super in a standard setup would require a supported chamber and a heavier recoil spring. I don't have the FNX45; but a quick look on Wilson Combat shows a wide variety of springs for different 1911 setups that include 45 Super and 460 Rowland.

In my opinion, just do the 460 conversion and shoot everything from 45ACP to 460 Rowland and not have to change anything.

I looked on the FN forum, seems some have done the whole conversion, and some are just shooting supers out of the stock barrel.

Not sure the long term reliability/durability of shooting a higher proof load in your pistol but it seems like every so often the gun can handle it.

Back
Top Bottom