4x4/off-road/jeep clubs going trail riding today?

I'm down for a trail ride sometime. Dodd Road is a blast but not without a lift, tires, & a winch.

I started off with a stock 2015 JK and it's progressed well in 5 months.
before after.jpg

That's the one I just did this past weekend. We had a blast but it took a while to get through the trail. A few hours.

I was following 2 lifted pickups on 35" mud tires and they had to make 2-3 passes at some stuff and drive around some others.
It was mainly their open diffs that caused that though.

I made it just fine in a stock rubicon. Nothing I couldn't idle through.

If I took the kids again, i would have to stop a couple times and take breaks and have something for them to do to get their energy out. They got quite antsy after about an hour.

Dodd Road isn't that bad for a stock Rubi. You may have to get winched up the two hills and you will rub your belly on the lower hill. The lower hill has a bypass but I've never took it to see how bad it is. The upper hill doesn't have a bypass but a lot of the problem there is maintaining traction so your Rubi should be find there.

I've got videos of Dodd if anyone is interested. Some of these were when I was on 33's with a 2.5" lift and others on 35's.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

I'm in if ya'll ain't racist against Toyotas.

The Rubi should be able to run all of Tray easy with lockers, even the big ditches. I've been behind more than a few Jeeps with open diffs that get hung up in the washes. Lockers make a world of difference.

Did ya'll take the right through the rocky road at the end. It's pretty fun, but airing down tires makes it a breeze and takes a lot of the bumps out.

Dodd road is about to be closed for good according to the state. I forget where I saw it, but it's supposed to be very soon. If you want to run it again, now is the time.

I saw the letter for closure of Dodd too. It just said the "fall 2015" but didn't give any more info.

I don't mind riding with a Toyota.

I've been up the rocky road in my old TJ but not my JK. I've put the JK in some tight spots but haven't gotten the nerve up to put ta $35k Jeep up that side trail yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom