586 Cylinder ejection sticky

12   0
Reaction score
Ive got a 586-2 and when I eject the cylinder it is sticking some. I set the gun over a ruler and slowly spun cylinder and I cant see any bend in ejection rod,but with gun in upright position with cylinder open the ejection rod will move up and down.Not sure if it should,this is my first revolver. Any help or suggestions ? Or if there is anyone in Blue Ridge area that could look at it and possibly fix it. Or if anyone knows a local gunsmith..if gunsmiths are even open right now.Thanks

The ejection rod shouldn't move when the is opened but that's not causing your problems.

The cylinders need to be vigorously cleaned, like brass brush in a drill motor vigorously, with lots of solvent.

If a prior owner shot a lot of .38 Special there could be some build up in the chambers.

One thing you can do is put in one empty cartridge at a time in each cylinder and eject it and see if it is peculiar to one cylinder.

Should there be any wiggle of ejector rod ? When cylinder is open i can move it up and down and side to side. Im thinking because of that wiggle the cylinder release may not be centered properly on pin in center of cylinder that releases it.

How easy is it to push in the pin on the ejector star? The pin the cylinder release pushes into to release the cylinder. I have a model 12 that got cleaned with frog lube one time. I thought the cylinder release was stuck...the frog lube had gotten in that pin in the ejector star that locks the cylinder in place and made its action sticky.

Back
Top Bottom