$599 Ak's at palmetto state armory...

Got to take it out today instead of yesterday. Fired around 100 rounds with no problems, sighted in my red dot and checked the zero on the iron sights, had to make a slight windage adjustment to the front sight and then they where dead on at 60 yards.
20211230_133502.jpg
20211230_145555.jpg
20211230_140212.jpg

I just bought one as a range toy/beater. Not really concerned with the history aspect, I have my garands for that. As far as where it's made, doesn't really matter as long as it goes bang everytime and doesn't beat itself apart or explode in my hands. Chances are I'll get bored and sell or trade it before I ever get enough rounds through it for that to happen anyway.
and that huge increase in value makes it a win win

It's an AK. Without the history behind the imports, there really isn't much demand for them. Better options available for a better price. Nobody wants American AKs.
What other option is there anywhere close to this price? I would absolutely love another WASR at this same price but they aint priced that way anymore.
I k ow U.S. made AKs don't have good reps but I have high hopes for the PSAK. Especially after Robski at the AKOU ran 5K rounds through one with no failures.

I get your point about U.S AKs . But the affordable imports just aint around anymore.

Nice range report.
It was an attempt anyway, lol. I fired multiple bullet weights and styles with no problem as well. I had 7.62x39 rounds loaded with 150 grain round nose bullets, and a load using .303 brit bullets. They all fired fine, the loads with the .303 brit bullets where a little hot. I don't plan loading those anymore, I really just wanted to get rid of them.

$600 isn't bad at all. Glad you are satisfied with your purchase!!
It was an attempt anyway, lol. I fired multiple bullet weights and styles with no problem as well. I had 7.62x39 rounds loaded with 159 grain round nose bullets, and a load using .303 brit bullets. They all fired fine, the loads with the .303 brit bullets where a little hot. I don't plan loading those anymore, I really just wanted to get rid of them.

$600 isn't bad at all. Glad you are satisfied with your purchase!!
Very pleased so far. Next goal is to try to get a deer with it. Here's a picture of some of the 7.62 loads I've been experimenting with. Mostly shot them from an sks before this.
20211230_203006.jpg

I'm thinking about trying the ftx bullets for 30-30 in it, I just won't be able to seat them to the cannelure.

20211230_203714.jpg

Back
Top Bottom