• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6:00am okra yield.

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
Because it’s too flipping hot after the sun comes up over the trees. Third picking since last week.

9B0F8209-685B-4269-8417-8294824A294E.jpeg

More u pick more they produce!
That's the truth. Last season was my first time growing okra and I would harvest all that I could see and a day or two later it would look like I hadn't cut any in a month. Also learned a lesson, make sure you top off the plant at around 5-6 foot or they will continue to grow up. I had a few that made it to 14ft tall.

That's the truth. Last season was my first time growing okra and I would harvest all that I could see and a day or two later it would look like I hadn't cut any in a month. Also learned a lesson, make sure you top off the plant at around 5-6 foot or they will continue to grow up. I had a few that made it to 14ft tall.
Yep about every two days it’s ready again

Mine hasn’t started blooming yet. Have been picking squash, lots of lettuce this year, have several pink tomatoes that I am watching carefully. Do you trim your leaves as you harvest. Sure makes later pickings easier.
Nah. I leave them alone. Right now the plants are only about knee high so I’m almost standing on my head looking. We didn’t do as much this year. Would rather spend more time with the new grandson. Only have corn, okra, tomatoes, peppers, and onions. We put up so much squash last year we didn’t need any this year.

Nah. I leave them alone. Right now the plants are only about knee high so I’m almost standing on my head looking. We didn’t do as much this year. Would rather spend more time with the new grandson. Only have corn, okra, tomatoes, peppers, and onions. We put up so much squash last year we didn’t need any this year.
Same here. We had so much yellow squash and okra last year, we bought another freezer just for vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom