6.7 Powerstroke ate a Cat

It’s fairly well lodged, wrapped around the fan motor and intertwined between the pulleys. Pressure washer won’t work, unfortunately.

delicious-looks-good.gif

Check your air filter box and intake tube for any “obstructions” then take it through a car wash with a good underbody spray a few times. I can’t see it causing any damage if none got sucked into the motor. A good detail shop for an engine cleaning should have you good to go

As long as it's not inside the engine, should be fine. Start it up and let the engine spit out whatever is in there. Then pressure wash it. Worse case, you'll have to replace a belt, but it shouldn't have damaged anything serious.

Same thing happened to my mother's late 80's era Cadillac Brougham. Only back then it was kittens that climbed in there to stay warm.

I was just a pup back then but I recall the car wasn't out of commission, they had it cleaned up before us kids were told about it.

I'm sure taking the belt off along with an engine cleaner & a long handled stiff bristle brush with some elbow grease should clean it up good. A new belt wouldn't hurt either.

If that's too much to deal with I'm sure the local mechanics would be willing to clean it up for a price.

Back
Top Bottom