• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.8SPC-Smash or pass??

PStough

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
57   0
Reaction score
Got the opportunity to purchase a Noveske 6.8spc switchblock upper factory built. Anybody that knows or has talked to me knows im a sucker for anything Noveske..

Main question is, is 6.8 worth the investment? Obviously i can barrel swap etc but if i was to do that id just source and build a upper.. Anybody got any love or hate for the 6.8??

I’ve got a 6.8 and really like it ! I’ve bought loading dies to reload for it as well. I’m using hornady 110 grain v-max black and they work well for deer hunting. Also very accurate .

6.8 spc is a great round. I know guys who take elk with them. You have 85gr. to 120 gr. range. The Barnes TTSX rounds are wicked. Plus you can stretch an 85 grain pill up to 3100 fps. The 6.8 fills a lot of gaps. It's basically lite 270 round. Both use the same diameter Bullet at .277 inches. I have three and I have built probably 10. Everybody that I have sold one to only uses thier .223 for target practice. Excellent deer gun out to a few hundred yards and a pig slayer. They are more punchy than you think. They rip dude. Awesome round. Jump all over it. You will not be disapointed. We were plinking steel plates with .223's. After about 20 minutes I drug out the 6.8 and ripped each plate off the hangers. It's a very noticable difference in Impact force. A huge difference!

^

Plus they don't weigh you down with ammo reserves. I can't say enough about it. Has the exact same ballistics as a 6.5 Grendel out to 400 yards snd actually has a faster muzzle velocity initially.

Back
Top Bottom