• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6+ years later and it still holds true

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Found this picture I took of a Rimfire article back in 2014. This was during the great ammo shortage which wiki says went from 2008-2016. I dont remember how long it lasted but I remember it was very similar prices and circumstances. At that time so many people said that ammo prices would be high forever, that it was a new normal, but prices came down and availability was plentiful. I trust that things will return to a somewhat pre-COVID status but at this time we are our own worst enemy.

20150207_171545.jpg

Found this picture I took of a Rimfire article back in 2014. This was during the great ammo shortage which wiki says went from 2008-2016. I dont remember how long it lasted but I remember it was very similar prices and circumstances. At that time so many people said that ammo prices would be high forever, that it was a new normal, but prices came down and availability was plentiful. I trust that things will return to a somewhat pre-COVID status but at this time we are our own worst enemy.

View attachment 3077958

Yup, that whole time period was right after Adam Lanza and James Holmes and their evil.

View attachment 3077958
Before all that, 22LR was selling 3-5 cpr....when did it ever come back down to that after Ubama? You've got guys on here hawking the CCI website for their "deals" like Velocitor - their 'deal' for 500 rds of it delivered works out to 21.8 cpr.... (I know because I've got the order right here in front of me.) That's a 'deal?'

This isn't 2014, and there are a lot of factors from raw materials to shipping complications that have upended pricing. Also, good luck on getting people to stop buying when liberal scumbags are burning cities, there are 1,000,000+ new gun owners, the President is calling for the most drastic and far reaching anti-2A rights legislation ever...that includes ammo, and the very real possibility of economic collapse. So yeah..people are just going to stop buying, lol.

Vista is nearly 2 years booked even if demand drops to zero. Absolutely nothing about that article rings true today, and frankly, very little did in 2014.

That article belongs exactly where you found it...in 2014.

Before all that, 22LR was selling 3-5 cpr....when did it ever come back down to that after Ubama? You've got guys on here hawking the CCI website for their "deals" like Velocitor - their 'deal' for 500 rds of it delivered works out to 21.8 cpr.... (I know because I've got the order right here in front of me.) That's a 'deal?'
It sure is. It's all relative. Where else are you going to find super hot 40gr. hp's for less?

Back
Top Bottom