• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

60k in school lunch debt paid by roofing company. (I know one of the owners from ODT)

Good on them for sure! Now, let’s discuss how much the director of nutrition gets paid (6 figures) to feed those children absolute garbage… next time take it out of the administrations paycheck!
Well wasn't Michelle O part of the the whole new school nutrition program that was implemented?

That being said If what I just researched is correct, Decatur has about a dozen schools? Explain to me the issue with someone doing well being over 12 different breakfast and lunch programs, summer lunches, staff, etc. They are only allowed to make so much?

Definitely a nice gesture by Perimeter Roofing who donated $60K and Arby's who separately erased the full $88K. Now let's see if the parents who normally pay for their child's meals will now stop paying alltogether knowing that someone will always step up and erase any deficits. Thanks.

Definitely a nice gesture by Perimeter Roofing who donated $60K and Arby's who separately erased the full $88K. Now let's see if the parents who normally pay for their child's meals will now stop paying alltogether knowing that someone will always step up and erase any deficits. Thanks.

Well, it is tax season so I guess most will be getting some money back with those child tax credits. We will see if they use it for lunch.

While I love it when folks do this, I love it more when it flies under the radar and they arent out there telling everyone on social media, etc. They'll get acknowledged at some point.

Good on them for giving back to the community!

I thought every child received a loaded P-EBT card for school lunches over the past year or so. My children go to a very expensive private school (not bragging, more like complaining) and I received a P-EBT card that we never applied for or heard of. We refuse to use it. I called and was told it had $175.

Good on them for giving back to the community!

I thought every child received a loaded P-EBT card for school lunches over the past year or so. My children go to a very expensive private school (not bragging, more like complaining) and I received a P-EBT card that we never applied for or heard of. We refuse to use it. I called and was told it had $175.
They probably trade them for cash 50 cents on the dollar at the local ApuMart.

They probably trade them for cash 50 cents on the dollar at the local ApuMart.
Or their parents do unfortunately

Our school system who did free lunches over the summer had to have police involved during handout. Adults were taking the food and not letting kids have it. Now it must be consumed on site, by the kids, atleast that was the case

Back
Top Bottom