6mm/.244rem question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it has the slower twist rate and won't stabilize anything over 80 grains you are still good to go for deer if you use the Barnes 80 grain TTSX. This is actually my recommendation for any 6mm for deer, even if it will stabilize a heavier bullet. It's flatter shooting because of higher MV and the bullet design will hold together for deep penetration and knock the crap out of them. The 6mm Remington is a great deer round and slightly exceeds the performance of the 243 Win.

Might be buying a Remington 722 .244 Rem(now 6mm rem) from a buddy of mine but wanted to know if anyone uses it for deer hunting??? Ammo seems easy to find thats a +

The 722 is a grand old rifle. Came close to buying a customized 722 in .257 Roberts about 25 years ago, but never did. If you reload, may I suggest the 85 gr Nosler Partition? My cousin uses that bullet in his .243 and has had excellent success with it on deer & pronghorn. In factory loads, I would opt for one of the premium loads using a bullet under 90 gr. Preferably a bullet not designed for varmints, which is what a lot of the lighter bullets are designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom