• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

6mm Rem loads any suggestion

Our gun loves, 85 gr. Tsx, and ttsx barnes. We hang the bullet as far out as possible without touching the lands. It is a great deal of fun to shoot. Once you find what she likes you will love the rifle.

Finding the combo is a lot like benchrest shooting, after your find the combo it will do it over, and over again.

Enjoy your new toy.......

Thanks for the info, I got some 80gr NBT loaded now, we will see what they do and if they don't satisfy me I will try some 100gr's.

I have always had the best luck with either IMR or Hodgdon 4831 and 4350 in both of my 6mm's. The factory barrel likes H4831 better than IMR 4350, but both love 100 grainers.

I had forgot about this thread and run across it and figured I would update. I was getting kind of disgusted with the rifle and was looking through the Lyman reloading book and seen a 100gr bullet with IMR7828 being the most accurate load. So I load up some 100gr Sierra Game Kings and 7828 SSC and it shot tiny holes. I worked up from my starting point till my group started opening up and I was still below max load so I stopped there. Run about 50 rounds through it and had great consistent groups with this load.

Then I ran across some Berger 95gr Classic hunting bullets and stayed with the 7828 SSC. It performed like I had expected the gun to from the get go. It is shooting 1/4moa consistently @ a 100 yards and between my wife and myself we took 9 deer with it this year and a couple foxes and yotes. I am still a little humbled why this rifle didn't like IMR4350. I never tried it with the Bergers but did try it with the Sierras and was not impressed.

I have a factory Ruger 243. Ruger uses a slightly faster twist than 1 in 10. It seems to prefer the heavier bullets, powder selection has been H414, BL(c)-2, IMR7828, and RL22. The bullet weight seems to matter more than the powder choice. It will shoot a tad better than 1MOA with the 100 grain bullets and any of the powders that I have tried.

I think my issue with the light bullets is the result of a long chamber throat. I cannot load them into the lands and still have enough bullet in the case with lighter bullets.

Back
Top Bottom