• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

7.62x39 Tula in-stock in Marietta

124 in FMJ is kinda useless but 115 FMJ brass is in stock for $12. I'm sure I can find 124 grain but I'm on my cell at the moment. I just can't imagine paying $18 per 50 for target ammo

this kind of statement always makes me want to offer to shoot someone with whichever useless ammo to prove how ineffective it is :)....have yet to have anyone allow me to shoot them with even .22lr...go figure...

this kind of statement always makes me want to offer to shoot someone with whichever useless ammo to prove how ineffective it is :)....have yet to have anyone allow me to shoot them with even .22lr...go figure...

LOL! Yeah I was joking with a guy at WalMart today. Asked if you shoot someone with "target" ammo if it wouldn't hurt. He said it depends on if they WERE the target. HA!

If that's all you got that's all you got but I prefer to use the right ammo for the job. I have PDX 147 grn BJHP for defense. Most of my practice is done with 115 grn because its cheaper. Not for nothing this doesn't take away the fact that $18 for fmj 9mm is expensive when you can still find 9mm..223 is a different because there's NO .223 in any load.

Unfortunately, that price reflects our new cost from our distributor :grey:. We actually had to increase the price on the Tula to $349 per 1k this morning to get to the same (low) margins we had previously because the $299 price didn't yet reflect our new cost. We just received this shipment in at our new cost and I haven't even been able to find it at any place that even has it in stock at another price (higher or lower). At this point, we were very lucky to get what we have and all of our distributors are completely out of everything except independence ammo at a cost we are embarrassed to carry. We do not gouge and strive to keep our prices competitive relative to our cost. Until we sold out in two days last week, we were still selling PMAG magazines for $14.20 while a LARGE competitor down the road was selling them for $30 since the election (I guess they have to pay for that new building and gun range somehow). The same competitor is reportedly selling their Tula for $100 higher at $450 per case for the same ammo.

We are and have always been sensitive to price, sometimes to a failure from the perspective of making a living. Once we sell out of these items we depend on for income, we don't know when we will get any more and may be without that source of income for a while into the future, but still keep our prices as low as possible. We also strive to price all of our prepping products (food/water/etc) at MAP which is the lowest price the manufacturers will allow us to sell them without threatening to stop supplying us (and have on occassion), but people will still buy online in an attempt to save the cost of tax rather than purchase locally.

Despite our efforts, there is always someone who thinks we are overpriced. Unfortunately with things like ammo right now, it is hard to come by and we have to pay what we have to pay to even get it from our distributors when they have it available. Our only alternative is not to carry it at all... After what we currently have in stock sells, we and our distributors are out of EVERYTHING with regard to ammo. :grey:

Sorry for the long-winded response. If anyone has any suggestions on how we can better serve our customer base and provide better competitive pricing (short of giving stuff way), we are always willing to listen. :)

Joey
TruPrep

Which competitor?

Back
Top Bottom