• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

9/30 Hunt

Worked last night and tonight also. Picture of moon at 4M.

Attachments

• 20230930_042044.jpg
    20230930_042044.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 5
Saw my shooter buck and 7 does this evening. I shot right under the shooter buck. I aimed a little low expecting him to duck the arrow and it bit me in the butt. He never ducked and was lower than expecting. I'm beyond pissed at myself. He came back within range a few minutes later but I wasn't comfortable taking the hard quartering shot, best I would've done is 1 lung and guts, wasn't worth it to chance a shot like that in my opinion. Try again tomorrow. I'm beyond ready for gun season to start.

Saw my shooter buck and 7 does this evening. I shot right under the shooter buck. I aimed a little low expecting him to duck the arrow and it bit me in the butt. He never ducked and was lower than expecting. I'm beyond pissed at myself. He came back within range a few minutes later but I wasn't comfortable taking the hard quartering shot, best I would've done is 1 lung and guts, wasn't worth it to chance a shot like that in my opinion. Try again tomorrow. I'm beyond ready for gun season to start.
I’ve had similar luck this year. Friday had doe walk behind me moved to take a shot then saw the fawn with her. Decided to let her walk. What I didn’t see was the second doe and she busted me. That was it they blew like crazy! Ground hunting with a bow is tough.

Had another come in but just couldn’t get a shot off. Not a clear enough window to shoot.

Rifle season will be nice to drop some.

Back
Top Bottom