• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$900 off iPhones for AT&T Customers

sparked1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
206   0
Reaction score
Some may argue whether or not this is a deal but I’ve been with ATT for 15+ years and probably not changing providers anytime soon, so I think this is pretty good if you’re going to be a long-term customer anyhow.

You can trade in pretty much any recent iphone in almost any condition (as long as it works) and get $700 in statement credits over 30 months. Again, you have to have service for 30 months to get the full $700 in credits, but like I said, if you’re going have their service anyhow, may as well take advantage of it.

I traded in an XR and an XS max. One had a completely shattered back glass, and the other had a crack in the front screen, but they both functioned as normal. I called CS (611) and they valued them at $95 and $106 for trade-in, but as long as they are valued at at least $95, you get the $700 in statement credits. $350 statement credit if valued at at least $35.

The other $200 comes from Walmart. You just need to purchase the phones through walmart.com, but it’s linked to your ATT account, so you only pay the tax upfront. You basically finance the remaining balance and then get the monthly statement credits once you do the trade-in (ATT sends you pre-paid boxes). Long story short, I got two iPhone 12 Pro Max for $250 each. Of course if I leave before 30 months, I’ll need to payoff the phones. That’s the only real catch.

This was great for me as I was needing to replace two phones and almost bought them cash before I looked into this.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/apple-iphone-terms-conditions/5116563

Just be careful getting a phone from a retailer such as Walmart. AT&T stores cannot assist much with the phone or accessories purchased. Also, sometimes retailers will ‘accidentally’ change your plan and/or features. Just make sure they don’t add anything, change anything, or do anything you don’t want them to do. I worked in AT&T retail stores many years ago and we saw a lot of issues on accounts with Walmart and target purchases.

Just be careful getting a phone from a retailer such as Walmart. AT&T stores cannot assist much with the phone or accessories purchased. Also, sometimes retailers will ‘accidentally’ change your plan and/or features. Just make sure they don’t add anything, change anything, or do anything you don’t want them to do. I worked in AT&T retail stores many years ago and we saw a lot of issues on accounts with Walmart and target purchases.

Everything went smoothly. I have an unlimited family plan and nothing changed. Pretty straightforward process and nicely integrated into my account from walmart’s site.

Wife and I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I've been with AT&T for a long time and don't plan on leaving so it was a pretty good deal. The used phone market must be extremely profitable somewhere in the world to promote the current deal.

Wife and I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I've been with AT&T for a long time and don't plan on leaving so it was a pretty good deal. The used phone market must be extremely profitable somewhere in the world to promote the current deal.

Or the unlimited plans are incredibly profitable to where they can subsidize $700 over 30 months and still turn a nice profit. Kind of how they used to give you the phone for “free” with a two year contract.

Verizon 55 Plus plan...$40 unlimited

AT&T sucks

I had Verizon prior to ATT but I could not get any signal at my house, so they let me out of the contract back when they used to do contracts. AT&T is the best in terms of service coverage that I've found. I have unlimited data and voice in NORAM and most major EU countries. Was just in Mexico for 10 days and it worked beautifully. I think mine is also $40/mo essentially. It's either $160 or $180/mo. base charge for the 4 lines. With taxes and fees it gets over $200.

Back
Top Bottom