• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9MM Nickel platted brass:

I was just fixin to start a therad on this except I was wondering about a more high pressure load. Iv been loading .45ACP in nickel with no problems, but i have a ton of nickel 300RUM cases and was wondering if it would be ok/safe to load them. Iv read mixed reviews. Can someone answer this. Sorry OP didn't mean to hack your therad.
@biker_bill 41mag 41mag @Flashover16 @rosewood

I've got a bunch of Federal .308 nickel that I shot originally and have reloaded. No problem.

Can't even begin to imagine a safety issue - the case is still the same brass case as other rounds.

I have loaded a lot of 308 , 300wsm ,and 300 win nickel brass with no issues, it does feel just a bit stiffer in the press but I had no problems

I was just fixin to start a therad on this except I was wondering about a more high pressure load. Iv been loading .45ACP in nickel with no problems, but i have a ton of nickel 300RUM cases and was wondering if it would be ok/safe to load them. Iv read mixed reviews. Can someone answer this. Sorry OP didn't mean to hack your therad.
@biker_bill 41mag 41mag @Flashover16 @rosewood
send me a hand full of them , I will see how it works out

Iv noticed this when I reload nickel handgun loads. I have a rum neck sizer should I be good to just size the neck or should i use the FL die? I was thinking maybe just neck size the nickel and only put brass in my FL die
I have loaded a lot of 308 , 300wsm ,and 300 win nickel brass with no issues, it does feel just a bit stiffer in the press but I had no problems

Iv noticed this when I reload nickel handgun loads. I have a rum neck sizer should I be good to just size the neck or should i use the FL die? I was thinking maybe just neck size the nickel and only put brass in my FL die
try the neck sizer first , no need in fl sizing them if shot in the same rifle ,

Back
Top Bottom