9mm or .40 for personal protection?

Come on down an run a hundred or so rounds thru my G19 :)

i42.tinypic.com_iny97r.jpg

oooo nice :)

jcountry:683142 said:
I recently rented a G23 and shot 100 rounds.

I love the size and feel of the G23 (which is the same as the G19,) BUT

I discovered that I HATE .40! (and yes, I have shot a LOT of different stuff. I have also HATE .357 and .44.)

To me-it is all about what you are comfortable with. A miss can mean the difference between life and death, and I just shoot 9mm much better than a .40. In a pressure situation, there is no doubt that I would perform much better with a 9mm.

The .40 just kicks too much for me. I actually enjoy shooting a .45 from time to time, but the .40 is like riding a mule. I can't stand that round. (Maybe it is smaller size of the G23 also, but I think that round is just too hot for my taste.)

G19-9mm all day for me!

My point exactly. We all have a different preference when it comes to caliber. I'm completely comfortable shooting the 40s&w round. I shoot it better than 45acp and just as good as a 9mm. So that's why I rock the G23. It just works best for me. I don't even have any desire to shoot a 9mm.

The OP needs to shoot different stuff and find out works best for him.

Oh I'm sure I will. Stonewall rubbed off on me and finally after 2 years and shooting his Glocks, convinced me to go Glock. I like it this far. Thanks StoneWall!!!

Back to topic I owned a sigma and hated it.
Good for you man, welcome to the dark side.

Come on down an run a hundred or so rounds thru my G19 :)

i42.tinypic.com_iny97r.jpg

Man I miss that gun^^^.:(

With a military ID you can get a Glock or M&P for about the same price with 3 mags. IMO 9 is the way to go simply because you need to practice. 9 is cheaper and gives you more rounds in the mag. I perfer the M&P for the ergonomics over a glock. However, the Glock is an amazing weapon. You really cant go wrong buying either.

I only own long guns (shotguns, rifles) and have had the opportunity to shoot quite a few different handguns. My favorite of them all was a Kimber .45 ACP. But I'm sure that is for obvious reasons. My uncle has the .40 S&W Sigma, and I've run a few mags through it. The trigger pull was strange to me at first, but once i was use to it I barely noticed it. This won't be my first gun, but it will be my first carry. It seems everyone is saying glock is the way to go. I'd like to test out one. I've never had the chance to test one out. I guess I should start looking for a friend who owns one. lol

With a military ID you can get a Glock or M&P for about the same price with 3 mags. IMO 9 is the way to go simply because you need to practice. 9 is cheaper and gives you more rounds in the mag. I perfer the M&P for the ergonomics over a glock. However, the Glock is an amazing weapon. You really cant go wrong buying either.

Was literally just going to type that! I love the them both.

Don't be fooled by the price at the PX!

I only own long guns (shotguns, rifles) and have had the opportunity to shoot quite a few different handguns. My favorite of them all was a Kimber .45 ACP. But I'm sure that is for obvious reasons. My uncle has the .40 S&W Sigma, and I've run a few mags through it. The trigger pull was strange to me at first, but once i was use to it I barely noticed it. This won't be my first gun, but it will be my first carry. It seems everyone is saying glock is the way to go. I'd like to test out one. I've never had the chance to test one out. I guess I should start looking for a friend who owns one. lol

What part of Ga do you live in. Your location is a tad vague.

Back
Top Bottom