• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A 36 hour knife review.....

rdogger

Default rank 5000+ posts
I Pretty Much Hate People
317   0
Reaction score
First stab at this.....see what I did there.

Many of you know I am a Marfione/Microtech junkie so to step outside of that brand name was a jump for me....in actuality I didn't step to far.

Anthony Marfiones son is the founder of Heretic Knives, a production, mid-tech and custom blade manufacturer in FL.

Enter the knife....the blade I decided on from him was the Martyr Auto.

Titanium flamed handle, DLC blade, lightning strike carbon fiber button lock....something like this from the Marfione shop would run $1,200+.......our local dealer DEVEST8R DEVEST8R has them at a steal right now. I won't say the price since this isn't an ad so contact him if you would like $$ info.

The ergonomics of the handle are amazing. If you are familiar with the Microtech Stitch, this is roughly 90% of it's size and frankly this is the perfect size for pocket cary and a firm grip on the handle. I have a fat hand and I get all my fingers on the chassis with a tiny bit of real estate to spare.

The grip isn't overly thick, but it isn't skinny either. Enclosed in the frame is a race ball bearing deployment system. To say this system fires hard is an understatement. Depressing the carbon fiber button releases a fury of energy and the blade is out and ready for use instantly.

The DLC blade isn't fancy, rather utilitarian. They aren't hand ground blades, machines do the work on these but make no mistake, the blade is designed to be used and abused. Thick tanto style is perfect. Measuring at 3 inches long (the blade) it is every bit of cutting surface you could need and the tip provides quick work of anything finer in need of slicing and dicing.

Finally the pocket clip provides everything you would expect but with some nice additions. Also Ti flamed, the clip allows for deep pocket cary with minimal knife surfacing above the rim of your pants pocket. Securing the blade to you, is a ball bearing that spins freely but provides supreme retention.

Overall, this blade is a workhorse that masquerades as a mid-tech knife at a production level (not custom) price point.

If you are searching for your next "something", this might be for you.

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 15
That's a pretty awesome review!

These knives are badass for sure and will definitely make a mark on the Auto world.

I think I need you to write Knife descriptions for me! lol

Thank you Ryan!

Back
Top Bottom