• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A/C condensation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassdaddy00

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Ok guys I need a little help. My air conditioner is old but works great. My problem is that I have condensation leaks at the furnace inside. It is easy to access but I do not feel comfortable repairing it. I am moving soon and want to make sure it gets repaired asap and is not leaking.

I had my neighbor, a former hvac guy, replace the condensation pvc line while I was at work yesterday. Needless to say, the repair was not top notch and it is still leaking at the pipe as well as the bottom of the pan I believe. I do not mind paying but would rather not get fleeced as I am selling the house.

I live in conyers. I would contact @captdave77 but I am not sure he comes out here lol. Please pm if you have the experience to make this thing good at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Robert

Just wondering how much of the drain pipe he replaced. I had to clean the one that went outside the house as there was buildup inside the line. After that, it stopped leaking inside the air handler.

I poured water thru the line to the outside to verify that it was clear. He replaced the pvc coming off the furnace and down to the exit line. Probably less than 3 feet + connections. Still leaks and also leaks around the bottom of the pan looks like.

Question would be if it is a drain line issue, or if the pan is :
Cracked if plastic
Rusted through if metal
Possibly rusted through. I was told to spray flex seal on it if that is the case. My problem is that I am not sure how to take this thing apart. Care to take a look at it?

Should have said this earlier, the house was built in 1991 and this is original equipment.

that is a good idea! spray the whole pan with Flex seal, just put tape over the drain hole to the pvc drainline, save yourself a couple hundred dollars

Possibly rusted through. I was told to spray flex seal on it if that is the case. My problem is that I am not sure how to take this thing apart. Care to take a look at it?

Should have said this earlier, the house was built in 1991 and this is original equipment.

dont think you can remove a condensate pan without
removing the indoor coil in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom