• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A/C condensation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had several pumps replaced on the condensation line, before I learned a valuable lesson..Their is a trap like your kitchen sink with a cap on it..I put Clorox in that trap four times a year, it keeps the algae from clogging the drain. I hope this helps

I have had several pumps replaced on the condensation line, before I learned a valuable lesson..Their is a trap like your kitchen sink with a cap on it..I put Clorox in that trap four times a year, it keeps the algae from clogging the drain. I hope this helps
Thanks DD but I am pretty sure my problem is worse than that

it could be worse........my air handler caught fire Monday evening ( a very minor electrical fire but expensive none the less). I went all week without a/c due to it burning the circuit board and wiring harness. Had to have a completely new system installed friday as no one could get the wiring harness to repair mine since it was so old............$5900...........I hope yours is cheaper than mine. But is was time for a new system, just happened on a week that was in the 90's everyday.

You and I need to meet for lunch in the near future my friend! But I only hope for you the best, in solving that problem
That might be a tough one! The wife and I are moving to a little town named Atmore Alabama on the 15th. Our daughters both have settled down there so and we want to be near them. We are going for small town goodness after being near Atlanta my whole life. Let me know if you get down this way in the next couple of weeks!

I have a buddy who stays out that way if you want his number who does hvac work, I do too but am just learning or i'd help you out. Let me know and I could pm you his number bassdaddy00 bassdaddy00

I had a similar problem in my system, I was advised to change all filters, and add insulation to the cooling line from the compressor to to inside blower unit. That appeared to stop the leaking and added more cooling inside my home. You can purchase pipe cooling insulation in 6 to 10' sections at Home Depot for about $5. That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom