A couple small changes with the site

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
I like to let everyone know what's going on with the site, though I imagine most don't really care, as long as the site doesn't go anywhere.

Anyway, starting in a little while I'm going to change the way banner ads are done. Right now we have two ads show up at a time in discussion forums. The dimensions are about 710x75 pixels combined for both ads.

The new system will just show one ad at a time instead of two, but it will be on all pages and will be slightly larger, 728x90 pixels to be exact. That size is more of a standard than the previous one that I just made up. To compensate for the added height I'm changing the logo for the site to a smaller version of what we have now. (The one we have now is pretty huge.)

When it is all done, the actual space taken up at the top of the screen will be less than it is now, even though the ads are bigger. The new logo is about 40 pixels shorter than the one we have currently.

Anyway, like I said, most of you probably couldn't care less but I like to keep everyone informed with what's going on.

I'd also like to thank benmmc for the new logo and some new banners and jamesthebond3 for helping with some of the new banners.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom