• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A few general questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you from personal experience - That "Gun Trader's Guide" is totally worthless. I picked up one at Wal-Mart, and the prices are way off base. Says Glocks in great condition are worth $250-300, etc.

I can tell you from personal experience - That "Gun Trader's Guide" is totally worthless. I picked up one at Wal-Mart, and the prices are way off base. Says Glocks in great condition are worth $250-300, etc.

Depends on which side of the deal you're on. I'll pay 250-300 for a use glock. :)

Your 100% right Unclejoe. This site and it's members are a great bunch of folks. A lot of forums I dont even bother asking questions becuase I know the members are going to roast me for my lack of knowledge. Here if I can't find the answer to a question I just ask. I'm trying to build my knowledge base and would rather ask then tear up a perfectly good firearm by doing something foolish.

All the info above is great info. Also don't be afraid to ask questions here no matter how "newbie'ish" you think they are. I can't stand other sites that start yelling "go use the search function".

Oh and you can shoot .38spl in all .357magnum hand guns, except semi-auto's like the Desert Eagle. They are far and few between though.

^^^THIS^^^ with this difference. In a modern firearm I have no concerns about dry firing without a snap cap and do it a lot with no firing pin problems. This does not apply to rimfires like .22 or .17s. Always use a snap cap with these.

I dry fire my Glocks all the time and never worry about the striker breaking. I did read that keltecs shouldn't be dry fired... and I know some dealers get a little peeved if you dry fire anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom