• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A few trail cam bucks

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned because I did not have many does in over 100 pics, but I have a lot of bucks. I haven't caught Mr. Freak show on camera this year but I will. He's still around. I put out a camera 6 days ago along with 2 bags of corn. I won't post all the pics, obviously, but here's a few pretty good bucks and one pesky hog. I also had several young bucks that show good potential. According to the locals we have always had a hog or two around but never a lot of them. I hope it stays that way. This will be my 2nd season on this property in Marion County.
IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1607.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG

Those are some nice bucks. I wouldn't worry about the does. I bet there are plenty hiding out in a different locale. It's been a while since I've set out feed stations and cameras (shame on me) but one thing I noticed over the years is that I never got a lot of different deer on any particular feed station. It seemed it was always the same handful of deer the best I could tell. I set out 6 or 7 stations and would have the same does/fawns on one station with an occasional buck showing up and another station 400 or 500 yards away primarily had bucks with does occasionally showing up. Maybe that's what's happening in your case. Anyhow, those are nice bucks and hope you get 'em this year.

Those are some nice bucks. I wouldn't worry about the does. I bet there are plenty hiding out in a different locale. It's been a while since I've set out feed stations and cameras (shame on me) but one thing I noticed over the years is that I never got a lot of different deer on any particular feed station. It seemed it was always the same handful of deer the best I could tell. I set out 6 or 7 stations and would have the same does/fawns on one station with an occasional buck showing up and another station 400 or 500 yards away primarily had bucks with does occasionally showing up. Maybe that's what's happening in your case. Anyhow, those are nice bucks and hope you get 'em this year.

Yeah I'm sure different areas of the property will turn up different deer. We have a good bit of land and nothing but thousands and thounds of acres of land around us. There are plenty of deer downtown, if you want to call it a town. Last year we had several pics of a 150" brute and we're certain nobody got him so I'm hoping he will turn up again.

These two bucks pictured here were the best ones we've seen on this camera. They're running together apparently so they will turn on each other during the rut. We had 7-8 different bucks, mostly young stuff. One of them appears to be a big bodied 1.5 year old that looks like it is going to be a non typical. A friend of mine missed a 130-140" buck last season (that was his guess) and we have never caught him on camera so maybe he will show up again. We're not really looking for 110" bucks so maybe next week's pics will give us a better idea. We're putting out 2 more cameras this week in different corners of the property.

Back
Top Bottom