• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A good everyday knife that won't break the bank?

jjrock

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this is an ambiguous question that will have plenty of answers. I must say that I'm treading lightly around this because as we know, it's a slippery slope. It's like getting into 1911s, battle rifles, reloading, or any other area of a firearm enthusiast's hobby...it can get expensive and time consuming real quick.

What I want:
-A good blade that would be carried on a daily basis and see light use on a regular basis.
-$100-250 budget

Just don't know if there are any go to knives that fit these requirements or maybe more importantly, any to stay away from. Any features, materials, etc. that are must have or stay away from? Thanks for your time!

Get an old / worn circular saw blade and cut your own design out slap some wood on the handles with super glue and a couple of brass pins through it and sand it down and shape the blade, just don't forget it is carbon steel not stainless so it will rust on you if you don't take care of it. Lots of videos on Youtube, And i will also agree with Carolinakid about the buck knife, the quality is not bad for the price.

Hey guys, I know this is an ambiguous question that will have plenty of answers. I must say that I'm treading lightly around this because as we know, it's a slippery slope. It's like getting into 1911s, battle rifles, reloading, or any other area of a firearm enthusiast's hobby...it can get expensive and time consuming real quick.

What I want:
-A good blade that would be carried on a daily basis and see light use on a regular basis.
-$100-250 budget

Just don't know if there are any go to knives that fit these requirements or maybe more importantly, any to stay away from. Any features, materials, etc. that are must have or stay away from? Thanks for your time!

More info. Straight, folder, size, ???

Ive really been enjoying my kershaw auto. Made in usa cpm154 steel. Check out kershawguy.com if you want a sweet usa made automatc for about $100. Oh also kershaw sends out extra parts for free. Unlike some other manufacturers. its also just 10 bucks if you break the blade doing something stupid. 20160217_085245.jpg

I can't leave home without a Swiss Army knife (Tinker on my key ring) I use the phillips head almost daily, I gave several away at the airport back in my travelling days.
I also carry an auto. Boker and a box cutter from my grocery store days.

Back
Top Bottom