• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A.j. Green conspiracy

nelsonatlbuilders

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
80   0
Reaction score
he is suspended for first four games, first game suspension was supposidly for an investigation of a party he went to in miami when in high school, alledgidly paid for by college recruiter. now its "he sold his bowl jersey for $1000" wtf there is literally millions of dollars a year shuttled into college players hands by schools, recruiters etc. and they suspend this kid for this? maybe im to biased but i believe this is total B.S. anyone else have any thoughts?

I just read about this on AM750's website. The Athletic Director said something about appealing the suspension. At least he is being allowed to practice and will be back for the Tennessee game.

he is suspended for first four games, first game suspension was supposidly for an investigation of a party he went to in miami when in high school, alledgidly paid for by college recruiter. now its "he sold his bowl jersey for $1000" wtf there is literally millions of dollars a year shuttled into college players hands by schools, recruiters etc. and they suspend this kid for this? maybe im to biased but i believe this is total B.S. anyone else have any thoughts?

Yeah, I've got thoughts. He knew the rules, he chose to break them and now he has to pay the penalty. It's called personal responsibility, something our society has rejected. The school, whether it be UGA or any other, does him no favor in appealing as this is all part of his education. Pay the price, learn the lesson and then move forward.

Im a GA fan but green made this mess, and caused the team to suffer as a result.

That said, he isn't the only reason GA stinks - most of it is the coach's responsibility, and now that he fired three coaches last year, he has no one else to scapegoat.

Yeah, I've got thoughts. He knew the rules, he chose to break them and now he has to pay the penalty. It's called personal responsibility, something our society has rejected. The school, whether it be UGA or any other, does him no favor in appealing as this is all part of his education. Pay the price, learn the lesson and then move forward.

I agree. Dez Bryant got busted for working out with an ex-nfl player and he was suspended. AJ Green benefited financially from a piece of clothing that was given to him by the NCAA. He decided to sell it. He knew what he was doing could get him in trouble. Now he has to take responsibility and deal with whatever punishment the NCAA sees fit to deliver. The kid is going to the pro's anyway. He doesn't give a dam about GA or the football team. If he did, he wouldn't have put himself in that position to hurt his team. He's just another idiot who can play sports. No biggie.

from my understanding it would not have been illegal for him to sell the jersey to a fan, he supposidly sold it to an agent unknowingly? either way its awful funny that they single this kid out who committed to georgia in jr. high school, makes the grades and seems to be a good kid. you guys are right about the coaching though. richt and dodo should have been gone last season. richt reminds me of the guy on talladega nights, you know the one that says "well look on the bright side guys, were all still dear friends" wtf

I agree. Dez Bryant got busted for working out with an ex-nfl player and he was suspended. AJ Green benefited financially from a piece of clothing that was given to him by the NCAA. He decided to sell it. He knew what he was doing could get him in trouble. Now he has to take responsibility and deal with whatever punishment the NCAA sees fit to deliver. The kid is going to the pro's anyway. He doesn't give a dam about GA or the football team. If he did, he wouldn't have put himself in that position to hurt his team. He's just another idiot who can play sports. No biggie.

100% agreement

Back
Top Bottom