• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A little help (maybe a lot) on the Trust for a SBR

WC1911guy

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
52   0
Reaction score
OK guys I'm diving into the SBR world. I've got the Form 1 under control and a fairly complete understanding of the overall process but I'm sort of stuck on the Trust part. Seems the more I read the more I get confused as to who needs to be in the Trust and where they are indicated.

I'm going to use the sample posted in the sticky area by Lax. What I need is a sort of line by line "guide" to help me get it the information filled in correctly the first go round. Some of it's obvious but some is sort of "WTF?" on exactly what information should be there. Plus any helpful "make sure you do this or don't do this" would be helpful.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. The delay is already long enough no need for me to complicated it with my full retard. :D

Thanks! Great info. Funny I read the opposite during my earlier search. But it was from 2009 and in another State.

So no "the" before the name of the Trust. Got it.

I'm all about that. Hoping to fit the Trust engraving on the front side of the mag well (under the hand guard). Not much room there. If not, I guess it'll be in the standard side location.

I'm all about that. Hoping to fit the Trust engraving on the front side of the mag well (under the hand guard). Not much room there. If not, I guess it'll be in the standard side location.

Thats where I engraved mine. It fits perfect and its not noticeable. No one really looks there... Or you can do under the trigger guard but you'll have to strip it apart.

I'm wondering some of the same things. What if someone else in the state has the same name on their trust?
Are there any words that must be in the name of the trust? ie: trust, living, revocable.

Last edited:
Lets say for example you name your trust "tjkane1" - minus the exclamation marks.

Here is what you need to have engraved on the receiver or barrel:

tjkane1 Revocable Living Trust
Marietta, GA

There can be no abbreviations except for the state, which must the standard used by USPS. So you can see the shorter the part prior to "Revocable Living Trust" the better you will be off. Personally if I had to do it again I would use my first, middle, and last name initials.

I do not know if BATFE tracks actual names of trusts within a state. It would be interesting to know if there are multiple same named trusts within a state. I think the city would be the differentiation, plus also the weapon model and serial number will always be different.

Regards,
Rob

I'm wondering some of the same things. What if someone else in the state has the same name on their trust?
Are there any words that must be in the name of the trust? ie: trust, living, revocable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom