A question for you Glock guys

I would like to start off by saying I worry far too much about things that pertain to my firearms so I bought my first Glock Saturday and haven't got to shoot it yet but decided to break it down and lubricate(that's what the manual said to do before shooting it) and I had read to never reset the trigger and pull it while the slide was off. Well I accidentally did so my question is should I be good if the trigger reset and operates fine? Can't go shoot it for a few days but hoping someone could shed light on if there is a way I can check to make sure I didn't screw it up.
No problems at all. Its just a recommendation.You will be pleased with your purchase

A good way to test it for function, is take a pencil(eraser side down) and put it down the barrel after pulling the slide back. Once the pencil is in the barrel(eraser side down) pull the trigger and watch the pencil. If the pencil jumps after pulling the trigger, everything is good to go. This assures you everything is working good, without having to go to the range(which you should do regardless)

Until a year ago I had never been a Glock fan nor owned one. They look like a 2x4. Don`t know why but I bought a 43. Since then I bought a 19 also. They still look like a 2x4 but I love`em.

Glock is like ole TIMex it will take a licking but keep on kicking if u dont want to never clean it will still work go to glock in Smyra they got pistols had thousands rounds fired them then never cleaned

I have had Glocks for about 9 years or so. I have reset and pulled the trigger while cleaning many many times. Dry fired I have no way to count how many times. They have always functioned and gone bang when need be. They are just a great gun. They go bang everytime and are like legos i.e. easy to learn to work on and take apart.

Back
Top Bottom