• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A question for you Glock guys

JWAR91

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
6   0
Reaction score
I would like to start off by saying I worry far too much about things that pertain to my firearms so I bought my first Glock Saturday and haven't got to shoot it yet but decided to break it down and lubricate(that's what the manual said to do before shooting it) and I had read to never reset the trigger and pull it while the slide was off. Well I accidentally did so my question is should I be good if the trigger reset and operates fine? Can't go shoot it for a few days but hoping someone could shed light on if there is a way I can check to make sure I didn't screw it up.

I've done it lots of times with zero issues.

Reassemble ,rack the slide ,dry fire , same as it ever was :0)

Awesome thanks for making me feel better haha, I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through this, iv never shot a Glock so I wanted to try one out.

I've done it lots of times with zero issues.

Reassemble ,rack the slide ,dry fire , same as it ever was :0)
Same here with no problems.

Just slap if back together, rack the slide and dry fire a few times to check for function. You can even rack the slide with the trigger depressed to make sure it's resetting.

I can go ahead and tell you right now that your Glock is fine though.

I've heard that dry firing to much isn't good for a gun but any time I assemble a gun I dry fire to check to make sure everything is moving properly.

I'm glad you guys are around otherwise I'd spend all my time worrying about small stuff, now I just spend all my time on here:cool:

Back
Top Bottom